Monday, August 2, 2010

a lot of things in my life have been transitioning lately. there's the move to alabama from georgia (still convinced that georgia is a superior state, even after a year here. what can i say... i'm a snob). then there's my wedding and subsequent marriage. (which is wonderful, but still a change) not to mention my brother growing up along with me and the hard transition of being his big sister through that. oh, and my job situation.

the truth is just that things have been changing in my life for at least a year. so, this most recent change, while it came as a little shock, really isn't unusual.

our church is ending, and we are all moving on from the ashes of what i am sure used to be a vibrant community, though to me, it was a simple blessing from god in the form of friendships in a place i didn't really want to live. i mean, that was an issue by itself, because i know god called me to move here and be with andrew, but let's be honest, once i got here, i whined. through all that whininess, i did have the hope of new friendships to look forward to, and while i wish i could say that it cured my whining, it didn't. haha, i kept whining, but those friendships are wonderful, and i can at least say that i don't hate it here anymore. (georgia is still better... i will go to my grave believing in its superiority!)

anyway, things are changing, and while change is sometimes something i don't relish, i think that the changes in my life right now are good. i know that the lord is good, and that there is a season for everything, and the season for our little church was ending when we came to it, so i feel blessed to have walked there for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment